Sunday, July 20, 2014

It's WHAT?!

It's SUNDAY?!  (technically Monday)

Oh heavens.  It's been a long time since my last post.  I guess life has been busy lately.

It really WAS busy last week.  Sadly, I was terrible at taking pictures, but I managed to snag a few.

Betty and the Gents played at Trinity on Wednesday night.  We played a mix of our normal classic rock and pop tunes, plus some worship music.  I didn't have time to do my hair before we left...LOL!  Oh well.  Good thing it's summer so I can blame the humidity.


Here we are.  I wonder what song we were doing here...it looks like we're all concentrating hard on our guitars.  The kids are having a great time--they were so much fun!

Look who had his THREE month birthday on Thursday!


Baby Jude is doing so, so well.  He is so much fun.  I am more in love with him every single day.

He LOVES: his floor gym, swing, and bouncy seat...Mommy and Daddy...looking out the window...his cradle...listening to music...socializing with other kids.

He HATES:  tummy time.  Yes, the dreaded tummy time is still a big ugly struggle.  He's getting much better at holding himself up, but he cries and cries!  Oh well--what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, I guess.

On Friday, we went to Calmar to visit Tom's folks plus play some music at the Glow Run fundraiser in nearby Ossian.  We love visiting parents.  It is such a relaxing time at either place.  

(I wish I had a picture to show you of us playing music at the fundraiser...we got to wear neon yellow t-shirts and glow necklaces!)

Saturday: My friend Katie's BABY SHOWER!  Katie is due at the end of August with a little girl.  Jude came along to the shower and flirted with all the ladies :) He also got to hang out with his friend Graham:

Graham: "What's going on, man?"

Jude: "Oh, ya know...just the usual.  Pooped my pants today."

Graham: "That's cool, so did I."

So anyway.

Later that day I went over to the Methodist church to sing for my friend Whitney's wedding!  It was beautiful!

I sat up front, kind of hidden behind pulpits and altars, and sang two songs.  It was great.  Whitney and Kyle chose music that I love to sing and I was so thrilled to be a part of it.

We had fun at the reception, too--and again, no pictures because I'm lame and forgot.

This morning we led worship at Trinity!  My fingertips are sore and peeling from all the guitar action this week.  It's a good pain, though.  The more I play, the tougher my calluses will be.  It's taking a while to build it up after taking a 6-month hiatus from guitar.

Sunday naps are the best.  And the cutest.


Tonight I got to be a part of something SO special...

A shower for my friend Carol--she and her hubby Tim have adopted TWO precious little boys!




This season of life has been full of new things, and among the BEST things have been the relationships I've been able to strengthen through being a mom.  I love knowing that I'm supported by these girls, and they are amazing role models for me.

I was having such a lovely time, but my boy missed his mama.  Who can turn that down?!  I hated to leave but I think the girls will be willing to get together again soon :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment