I AM DONE!! My comprehensive exams, final research paper, all the assignments, collaborations, discussions, reflections, projects, surveys and blah blah blah...
THEY ARE FINALLY DONE!!!
In a few short days I can add "MA" to the end of my signature.
Someone asked me a week or so ago when I'd start the coursework for my doctoral degree.
From now on I'll enjoy what I've earned, and when I need renewal credits, look forward to choosing classes that interest me and help me further improve my teaching and/or musicianship. I've heard there are jazz, theatre and even rock music courses out there.
Morningside won't have a graduation ceremony for this summer's MA graduates until next summer. Next summer. Not sure if I can wait that long to get that coveted light blue hood, so I plan on stealing Tom's until I can get my own. :)
My plans for the rest of the summer, since I have my days back, include:
1. Spending more time with Tom and Jude. We have parks to explore and a pool to splash in.
2. Experimenting with my Canon 60D. We've had it for 3 years and I'm still kind of pathetic at taking pictures
3. Training for a half marathon. Part of me doesn't want to but a bigger part of me DOES
4. Having a girls' night out (or day out...shopping?) before school begins
5. Trying and blogging some recipes from Pinterest
6. Spending a LOT more time in the music studio...my guitars are calling.
7. Exploring Bob's Guitars in Cedar Falls and maybe bringing home a new Taylor...
So, ready-set-go...one more month of break!
Thanks to all my encouragers and at times, pushers. Can't believe it's over. :)